Whether you just don’t need it anymore, or find that Teams keep finding a way to re-install after you uninstall, here’s our simple guide to ensuring Microsoft Teams is correctly removed from your computer.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Teams with Programs & Features
Table of Contents
Press the Windows shortcut key on your keyboard and type programs. Select the Add or remove Programs option as shown in the above image.
Now you are in the add or remove programs and feature setting – type the word ‘teams’ into the search box.
Select Microsoft Teams and select uninstall.
In order to ensure that the application does not reinstall itself on next boot up you also need to uninstall ‘Teams Machine-Wide Installer (if visible). Non-corporately controlled devices might not include this (in which case you’re good!).
That’s it, you are done!
How to Uninstall Microsoft Teams Using Windows Control Panel
- Press the Windows shortcut key on your keyboard and this time type ‘control’.
- Select the Control Panel option as shown in the above image.
Similarly to the previous method. Select and press uninstall for both Microsoft Teams & Teams Machine-Wide Installer.
Teams is no longer present on your device!
However….. this might not clean every trace of Teams from device. The below guide might be useful to ensiure Teams is gone completely!.
How to fully remove Microsoft Teams
- Close all windows so you are viewing your desktop and press Windows + R (the windows shortcut button on your keyboard usually in between the left Ctrl and Alt)
- Type %appdata% into the run command window as below and press OK.
- FInd the Teams folder, right click it and select delete folder.
- Close all windows again so you are back to your desktop and press the windows + R keys
- Type %programdata%
- Once again. find the Teams folder and delete it.
That’s it, Teams should now be gone from your device.
Want to know some popular alternative to Microsoft Teams? You can find out here.